National Girl Child Day celebration was started by the Women and Child Development Ministry since 2008 to celebrate as the national observance. Through this campaign, the Indian Government has highlighted the inequalities towards the girl in the Indian society. At this day, various advertisements are run by the government on the TV channels, local newspapers and radio stations and through the message of “Save the Girl Child”. NGO organizations and non government organizations also come together and take part in the celebration to fight against the social stigma about girl child.
1. The Parents found to be in violation will be penalised less – Here the penal provision should be same for all
2. Due to poverty & low income, parents on pretext of employing children in family business may use him for hazardous work.
3. Parents can work as Benami for other, who need to escape child labour punishment.
4. The act should restrict working hrs for children after school as per UNICEF convention. This hasn’t been made. The children can be forced to work for higher number of hrs which can impact his studies and may lead to drop-out from school also due to domestic income pressure
5. The surprise inspections must be made mandatory by officials to locations where child labour is prohibited. Inspections must be implemented strictly